- Centrifuge FAQ
- Matsumoto Machine Group FAQ
- Do you have a price list?
Although there is a base specification, we basically offer products with specifications tailored to the user's operation. We will suggest the optimal device according to your usage and the target substance of the separation by filtration. So please discuss this with us.
- We would like to obtain a centrifuge similar to the one we are currently using. Is it possible to make this?
As far as possible, we can make a machine according to the specifications of the machine you are currently using.
- How long is the delivery time from the time of order to delivery?
It varies depending on the model and specifications, but it takes about 6 to 12 months to make a centrifuge. It also depends on the delivery location and the number of days shipping by sea, so please consult with us.
- We want to produce many kinds of products with one machine. Which centrifuge do you recommend?
When many types of products are produced by one machine (high-mix small-lot production), it is important that the product is easy to clean and that the cleaning is easily checked when switching products. Our company offers a wide range of options and know-how for easy cleaning, including a casing open and close mechanism, basket flat, basket lift-up, and interior cleaning.
We will suggest the optimal device according to your usage and the target substance of the separation by filtration. So please discuss this with us.
- Is it possible to move the centrifuge within the factory and use it around the factory?
We offer a movable centrifuge with a trolley provided. If the machine is too big, moving it will be hard, so we would need to know the quantity of material you need to filter, and then we can suggest the optimal device.
- We would like to reduce the amount of residual crystals on filter cloth as much as possible and increase the amount collected. What specification do you recommend?
At Matsumoto Machine, we have a residual crystal detachment device called a screw. This screw can be attached to various types of centrifuge. In addition, if you want to completely remove the residual crystals, we recommend FLOW, our full recovery horizontal centrifuge.
- We would like to remove oil with a centrifuge for cutting oil recovery. Are there any conditions, such as the size of cutting chips?
We recommend inserting a fixed quantity crushed to between about 3 mm and about 5 mm. If the cuttings are curly or otherwise easily entangled, insert after crushing. Matsumoto Machine can offer a comprehensive system for recycling cutting oil, not only a centrifuge for removing oil from cutting chips. We can use our abundant know-how and network to offer machines such as cutting chip crushers, belt conveyors for transportation of cutting scraps, centrifuge stands, auto supply devices for inserting cutting chips into separators, magnetic separators to remove iron or other foreign matter when iron is mixed with aluminum and copper.
In the first instance, please consult us.
- We are having trouble with exposure to solvent fumes. Are there any effective countermeasures to this?
We offer numerous options to control exposure to solvent and fumes, including airtight specifications.
- The centrifuge we currently use is difficult to clean and has a high risk of bacterial contamination. Do you offer centrifuges which enable hygiene control?
Yes, we do. Our PG option is GMP-compliant and offers a number of easy to clean and check cleaning options (casing open and close device, interior CIP cleaning, basket lift-up device, etc.)
- Is it possible to buff metal parts?
In the standard specification, buffing is carried out by #250. Buffing can be carried out with other desired counts, too.
- Is it possible to add a jacket and to warm the material and keep it warm?
Yes, it is. Please consult with us about heating media and refrigerants.
- What size of particle can be removed by a device?
It depends on the properties of the processed product. Standard filter cloths range from about 5 μm to about 10 μm. As for filter media (filters), we also offer metal filters in addition to filter cloths. For fine substances, we also offer devices which separate the heavy solid from the supernatant liquid using the difference in specific gravity, a process known as centrifugal sedimentation.
Please feel free to ask us in the first instance.
- How often should we conduct regular inspection and maintenance of a centrifuge?
We recommend periodic inspection of the centrifuge once a year.
At Matsumoto Machine, we conduct:
・visual inspections in the customer's factory
・maintenance on site in the customer's factory
・pick-up and maintenance at our factory
As part of the pick-up and maintenance, we are able to perform detailed maintenance and inspection, such as checking the balance of the basket, which cannot be carried out in the customer’s factory.
Regular maintenance by the manufacturer can detect wear and tear on consumables and damage to machine parts before failure occurs, preventing the machine from being stopped for a long period of time due to failure and preventing loss of opportunity. Since it may take time to make or order a part after it breaks down, we recommend performing checks regularly to avoid inconvenience.
- We would like to receive the centrifuge's product outline drawing CAD data. Is that possible?
Yes. We provide the centrifuge's product outline drawing CAD data free of charge.
By using the centrifuge outline drawing CAD data as material, it is possible easily to examine the layout of equipment at the factory design stage. Please make use of the CAD data when designing the factory or changing the arrangement of the equipment in the factory.
Please feel free to contact us if you require such data.
- We would like to receive the centrifuge piping and wiring system reference drawing. Is that possible?
Yes. We provide the piping and wiring system reference drawing free of charge.
Please feel free to contact us if you require such data.
- Where are your sales offices?
We are located in Tokyo, Osaka and Toyama in Japan.
- Do you have a centrifuge showroom?
Unfortunately, we do not have a showroom, but when there is a test machine at our Osaka office in Japan, you are welcome to observe that centrifuge. Also, if the timing is right, you are welcome to observe a machine being manufactured.
- Do you only deal with centrifuges?
We are able to deal with equipment and facilities other than centrifuges. We use our abundant know-how and network to provide heat exchangers, fluid transfer equipment, pressurized filtration dryers, chip crushers, belt conveyors for transportation of cutting chips, centrifuge stands, auto supply equipment for inserting cutting chips into separators, magnet separators for removing iron and other foreign matter when iron is mixed in copper or aluminum, and so on. Please consult us first.
- Do you deliver overseas?
Yes, we can deliver overseas. Our products are used in many countries, such as EU countries, China, South Korea, Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand and Brazil. You can also leave the maintenance to us.
- Do you accept factory visits?
We don't usually offer factory tours, but it may be possible depending on the season and the number of people.
Please contact us about the possibility.